As more and more customers come into the sales process already thoroughly educated on the product they’re looking to purchase, thanks largely to the plethora of information available on the internet, it changes the sales process some. The customer is no longer looking for the basics, they already have that, instead they’re looking for your salesperson to be an “expert”. Having a high quality, print brochure can help your salesperson immensely in striving to meet this demand and earn business. Here are a 5 reasons why:
- Legitimacy – customers realize that virtually anyone can put up a website that can appear authentic, while in fact they may be a fly by night business. Having a well-designed brochure gives the impression of a solid, stable company that’s invested in their industry and will be around long after the sale is complete. It immediately improves the impression that person has of your salesperson.
- Messaging – your brochure is a great way to make sure all of your salespeople are delivering the same message to your prospects. Encouraging, or requiring, the use of this tool will make sure the most critical points about your product or company are covered in every sales discussion. It allows you to have some control over the messaging that’s being delivered in the field.
- Talking Point – the brochure actually makes life easier for the salesperson by providing images they can reference during a discussion, fast facts that answer many questions that the customer is likely to ask, and creating an easy flow through the conversation. For many salespeople a good brochure is all they need to walk a client through their entire sales presentation.
- Notepad – most sales calls require pricing discussions and many salespeople love to use the brochure to note price options, available discounts, and pricing for add-ons. It keeps all of the most critical information in one place for the prospect to reference after the salesperson leaves, and in many instances it can give the impression that this pricing is special, just for this client and just for this window of time, which encourages the prospect to move quicker in the sales process.
- Images – in many cases the salesperson won’t have the actual product or service they’re selling with them so having good images is critical. The images in the brochure will draw people in, break up the stream of words, and explain complex concepts. In the end the image is what is most likely to stick with someone after they close the brochure.
While it may seem that printed literature is a dated concept, it actually remains incredibly relevant in the sales process. If you ask your sales team they’ll tell you that there are very few more effective marketing tools for them to have in their toolbox then a well-designed, eye-catching, quality brochure. The professional designers at Infinity Signs NW are available to work with you and your team to create your perfect brochure.