Out of Home advertising refers to marketing directed at hitting consumers when they’re “on the go”. This can include billboards, vehicle wraps, transit signs, and anything else that a consumer may come in contact with when away from their home. As a business owner are you aware of the benefits of out of home advertising? The numbers put out by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America make a pretty compelling argument for the value of this type of investment.
- Consumers are traveling record numbers of flight and driving miles which has made out of home advertising the second fastest growing ad medium in the U.S.
- Consumers spend 70% of their waking hours away from home.
- Out of Home marketing is especially effective for local businesses with 7 out of 10 ads promoting a local company.
- For every $1 spent on out of home marketing approximately $5.97 in sales is generated which is better than digital display, print and radio.
- 83% of consumers believe that the out of home advertising that they consume is informative.
- There are currently over 7,800 digital billboards in the U.S. which is more than double the number in 2011.
So with all of these great reasons to use out of home advertising why are most businesses spending only an average of 5% of their advertising budget on these mediums? As the shift has gone to online marketing many companies have lost sight of the value of out of home advertising. Consider though that it works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week generating revenue; it can’t be blocked or skipped, it often gets viewed multiple times a day by the same consumer, and it can be highly targeted based on location and demographics.
Maybe it’s time to take a look at where your company is spending it’s advertising dollars and what type of ROI you’re really getting for each dollar you spend. You may be surprised how affordable many of these forms of advertising actually are. Infinity Signs can help select the right medium for your business and help you take full advantage of this powerful tool.