Spring is the perfect time for some new signage and a fresh face for your business, but you’ll want to be sure to avoid common mistakes that can result in your sign being difficult to read or hard to understand. You want to be certain you’re getting the most out of the money you spend, and you want to stand out to your customers. In order to make that happen, give careful consideration to every aspect of your new sign before moving forward. The best way to do that is to work with the designers at Infinity Signs NW, they’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly and can provide the best in professional advice. Here are some general guidelines to help get you started.
- Contrast – it’s extremely important that the color you select for your lettering be in contrast to the background that the letters will be placed on. This can be the single biggest issue preventing your sign from standing out and catching people’s attention. If you select a light color for the font, such as yellow, go with something dark for the background, such as black.
- Font – regardless of what type of industry you’re in, choose a font that’s easy to read. Just because you sell children’s clothes doesn’t mean you should have a sign with a silly unreadable font, remember readability is the #1 priority.
- Type of Signage – you may have the best sign in the world but if it isn’t appropriately placed, and in the correct form, it may go completely unnoticed. For example, a large sign at the street may be ineffective if the majority of your customers come from foot traffic. In this case, proper signage in your storefront would be far more effective.
- Sizing – it’s critical that the size of your lettering and overall signage be appropriate for the placement. This is again where a professional sign team from Infinity Signs NW will be helpful in providing guidance based on your specific need. Too large of a sign will look ridiculous but something too small will go unnoticed.
- Material – the type of material you use for your signage should be both appropriate for the climate as well as fitting for your business type. In certain scenarios a wooden sign fits but in others brass or plastic are far more appropriate. It’s not necessarily that the most expensive option is best but instead the one that fits the weather conditions as well as the businesses goals. If your business is in Boise you are likely to need something that can withstand winter weather, as well as significant amounts of direct sunlight.
New signage is something most businesses invest in every few years, so it should be done with care and consideration to ensure it is effective, durable, and visually appealing. Contact Infinity Signs NW today to discuss your needs and get a beautiful new sign installed this spring.