Proper cleaning and care of your Vehicle wrap will protect your investment. It also prolongs their life and maintains a high quality of appearance. Read on to learn how to properly take care of vehicle graphics.
- Wash with a mixture of water and a mild wash or detergent
- Test the cleaning solution on a small spot before washing the entire area
- Read warning labels on car care products
- Allow fuels to stay in contact with the wrap for extended periods of time
- Use mechanical brush washing as it could dull, scratch, or lift the edges of the graphic
- Use automated car washes that use caustic cleaners or pressure washers
If normal cleaning procedures fail to get difficult pollutants or debris off of the vehicle wrap, try these two options:
- Spot clean the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfiber cloth, or
- Moisten the cloth with a citric-based cleaner and naphtha before wiping down the area. Rinse with water and soap immediately afterward.
The best way to wash vehicle wraps or graphics is as follows:
- Rinse with water to wash away any loose sediments or debris with a spray nozzle
- Mix the mild detergent and water in a large bucket
- Soak the sponge in the mixture and begin working from top to bottom
- Rinse with clean water again using the spray nozzle
- Allow the vehicle to air dry or use a microfiber cloth
Although hand washing is the preferred method, pressure washing the vehicle can be done following these instructions:
- Water pressure is kept below 2000 psi
- Water temperature is below 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a spray nozzle with a 40-degree wide angle spray pattern
- Keep the nozzle at least one foot away from and perpendicular to the graphic
Talk to the team at Infinity Signs NW about creating a vehicle graphic, or repairing an existing one.