Business owners have many different options when it comes to the types of signs used to promote their companies. What type of signage they choose might depend on the type of the business itself. A restaurant owner, for example, will most likely choose different types of signage than the owner of a cleaning service.
With all the options available, it can quickly get confusing. Here are some of the more common types of signage that business owners should consider:
- Digital or Electronic Signs – Electronic signs are becoming more and more popular as ways to advertise. Since they can be run from computers or other devices, business owners are able to easily change the content displayed on a regular basis. Digital signs are also becoming more interactive, allowing customers to learn more about relevant topics, sign up for newsletters, and connect to the business via social media. Electronic signs are ideal for businesses that need to make quick, frequent changes to signage.
- Channel Letters – Commonly used on the outside of buildings, channel letters are custom plastic or metal letters. Channel letters add a nice three-dimensional aspect to signage, and they come in a wide variety of styles, types, colors, and fonts. Moreover, channel letters can be enhanced with LED or neon illumination to make a sign pop even more. For those on a limited budget, they are one of the most cost effective ways of drawing attention to the business.
- Monument Signs – Monument signs are free-standing signs that either sit directly on the ground or are mounted on a base. They are often only about as tall as a person and can be made out of aluminum, sign foam, or brick. The installation of a monument sign on a lawn or median usually involves landscaping as well as masonry. One advantage of using monument signs is they give a business a look of sophistication and add to its overall attractiveness. Many business owners also choose to add lightboxes to monument signs for illumination. Others might decide to enhance their monument signs with message boards and changeable letters.
- Message Boards – Even though message board signs come in a variety of styles, they usually involve letters that can be rearranged to convey different messages. Message boards also include digital or electronic signs that display different graphics. Message boards are extremely versatile and offer a wide array of options for the business owner looking to promote his or her company.
- A-frame Signs – A popular option for small business owners, a-frame signs are typically set up on sidewalks to announce special offers or to direct passersby. A-frame signs are portable and able to be used for many different purposes.
- Vehicle Wraps and Graphics –Vehicle wraps and graphics are applied directly to a car, truck, van bus or even boats for mobile advertising. Vehicle wraps are excellent choices for business owners because of the exposure the company receives from them. Thousands of people around town are bound to notice a well-designed, professional vehicle wrap or graphic.
When it comes to signage options, business owners have an abundance of choices. Contact the experts at Infinity Signs for help in choosing the best type of sign for getting your business noticed.